A Break From The Jungle

A Break From The Jungle
Break from the kids in Zions

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Puff pastry

So the blog is ceated and there is no writing on it. I have just been in the kitchen helping Wes make an Aussie recipe. Sausage rolls. Didn't work out the best. We let the puff pastry thaw out too much. So we popped them in the freezer before they get cut. Yum, I have never served them without everyperson loving them. A guy from Matthew's ward asked if he could help deliver some fliers. Thousands of them. They turned out to not just be fliers, but a post card with a sample of compost attached to them. So I have been helping him staple them together, then he takes hundreds out at a time. He rides Kim's scooter and places them on porches. The compost is really cool. It is all plant matter made from vegetables and fruit. BYU gets all the rotting fruit from Costco stores all over the place. He was happy for the work, because he just ended waiving for Liberty Tax. If anybody out there knows of a Job for Matthew he is still looking.
Wes keeps asking me "when can we go get all my stuff ready for my mission". I told him, not until after May 12th (Matt's wedding). I have to compartmentalize everything or it would be too overwhelming. So I will focus on him later. Paula is out having fun with Rachel today. I think theyt went to a movie and lunch. Spring Break for Granite School District, not for Alpine. Hmmm someone is skipping school today. I think Rachel has senioritis. That's about enough my life is pretty Ho-hum. Going to the jail tonight for our mission. Always an interesting experience. Never have I been around such humble men, and boy's. We are on step 9 of Alcoholics Anonomous.

1 comment:

  1. Sniff Sniff, I want some sausage rolls!

    The Blog is looking good I want to hear more :)
    Lots of Love,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete